Storage & Maintenance Tips
The ShoreStation hoist requires very little maintenance; however, we do recommend the following steps to be taken at regular intervals:
- When greasing the hub, lower the platform until it rests on the lower frame.
- Remove the acorn nut and flat washer on the lift wheel drive shaft. Turn the wheel counter-clockwise and remove it.
- Place a light application of grease on the course threads. You'll find a tube of the recommended grease inside the winch housing.
- After greasing the threads, thread the wheel back on until the winch mechanism begins to ratchet.
- Replace the flat washer and acorn nut. Test the winch mechanism to make sure the brake system is functioning properly and will support a load in the raised position. If it does, the hoist is now ready to operate.
For more information, or if you have a specific question regarding hoist operation, contact your ShoreStation dealer or our Customer Service Department at (800) 859-3028.